Tuesday 27 July 2010

RED

There is something about red in a garden which is stunning, especially when it is red like the oriental poppy or Crocosmia lucifer on the right.

With red being the complimentary colour to green and so much green in the garden then the red is emphasised.

Red and green, also, have a special place in my heart for my first tricycle as a small child
was red and green.I used to pedal furiously
around The Beeches in Penny Bridge
playing "Geoff Dukes" although there was a step at the back of the house where I had to get off and lift the trike. Before we left for Torver my brother and the village boys managed to break it freewheeling down the bankings in the lawn.

Back to the garden - it rained yesterday, it is raining today - showery but enough to make the grass sodden and keep the mower in the shed.
We are eating broad beans, courgettes and cauliflowers (huge) (I did not think I could grow them). The raspberries are soggy and the blackcurrants on the ground. (Did make a summer pud, though, with some rhubarb.

I was pleased to see that the one legged cock chaffinch is still thriving. It seems unable to feed on the feeders but hops around on the ground gathering discards and fragments.

No comments:

Post a Comment