Sunday 15 January 2012

JACK'S BACK


Second morning of frost and still the marigolds flourish.

The warm sun (in colour) lights up the garden as it rises over the shoulder of the distant Forest of Bowland - thirty miles away across Morecambe Bay.

I am torn between getting out into the garden and doing something and knowing that if I do I will be laid up with the pain in my knee and the threat of ice packs.. (Slow recovery from a replacement).

Here and there flowers still show -
pink quince and red roses.

Up on the banking the daffs are pushing out of the grass and a carpet of snowdrops is beginning to make headway.
Stinking hellebore has been in bloom for a while and the sarcococcus pours out scent by the back door.

It is wonderful to see the sun again after a dreary Christmas and New Year with cloud and rain, if mild.

The rooks are starting nest-building and we have two cock pheasants in the garden - Mrs Phes can only watch the battle.

We thought of a week of winter sun but my lack of mobility is a problem. We thought of a cruise but events off Italy (liner on its side) make one think. I could not sit for long in a plane seat without needing to walk up and down.

On that cheerful note I shall pop a paracetamol- cue for a song? - "Better pop a paracetamol or two-oo?" More cried Oliver, less cried me.

So to HS2 and all those billions of pounds.
Do we really want a High Speed rail link up north? Well Birmingham is north of Watford. With all those BBC people getting to Salford quicker and easier, I say we should have a vote on Independence from the South East of England, sell them water when they run dry and build a Watford Wall - to keep them in their enclave. (Sorry Patiopatch.)

Perhaps it should be compulsory for all students from the South to go to Universities in the North and vice versa?

What am I rambling on about?


Moon in trees, morning sun, winter garden, cup of tea and some painkillers - time to shut up.

No comments:

Post a Comment