Thursday 19 January 2012

MUSIC OF THE GARDEN?

So here I am listening to Barry Maguire
singing The Eve of Destruction just after Sonny Boy Williamson's Fattening Frogs for Snakes!
Well you can't have everything.

This is a frosty dawn from the house with a strange yellow glow.

The snowdrops have changed from odd spots of white to more of a ragged carpet. Only one daff is out, yet the marigolds flower on as does that single tenacious nasturtium.

Music has changed - to Guy Mitchell and She Wears Red Feathers - Ah! Well.

So to an amazing sunset over the garden with rooks returning to their roost next door.

Oh! My G. it is the Stargazers now with I See the Moon. As you can see my taste in music is improving with age. Now it is Lena Martell with One Day at a Time - my nephew the Rev. might approve of this one. Though the Ghostbusters theme is next so . . . .

I have decided to have a clear out - I know you do not believe it - but many of my books are just there and most of little value -though when my Granddaughter handed me The Observers Book of Wild Flowers the other day and I found a personal inscription in it from 1957! Keep that one. I have a feeling I will keep on saying, "Keep that one."

The last picture is of a wisp of Miscanthus back-lit by the sun. I am trying to increase the grasses to give some interest in the winter but I will have to watch the new growth with the mild winter to cut back the dead growth at the right time.

Now some Aussie chap is singing Duncan's Me Mate - definitely time to go and have a cup of tea but as I turn to leave Rolf Harris starts on Stairway to Heaven . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment