Monday 23 January 2012

RAMBLINGS OF A POTOPHILE

I start with an image of the garden showing the neglect caused by my inability to get out there.


Uncut grasses , tangled roses, weeds - the only consolation is that the garden is bathed in a warm morning light as the sun broke through the cloud over Morecambe Bay.
Sitting back I can see so many jobs to be done - redo the paths with new edging and chippings, ?get a sit on mower with a trailer so I can trundle down the track and get my free horse manure, the catalogues are here and Sarah Raven's looks wonderful and I know the plants will be in tip top condition - but they are EXPENSIVE.
One very welcome catalogue is from Cally Gardens in Gatehouse-of-Fleet. There are always tempting things brought back from the Far East. I have one unusual berberis from there by the back door which has the most vicious thorns.

Back to the garden and our snowdrops which are dug up every year in the green and spread out. The policy is beginning to work and with self spreading the white carpet is not too far away.

On the right by the rhododendron you can jut see the first daffodil in flower.

So I tell myself to go out and just do a bit and - it is raining again.

This typing is getting difficult as I have suddenly started to hiccough (hiccup) - ?spelling.

So out with cold keys - down the back, drink of water or best of all - just hold my breath hard for 30 seconds - it worked.

Talking of the first photo in today's blog - I love that pot.
Does that mean I am a ceramic lover, a potophile or just a bit potty?

No comments:

Post a Comment