Sunday 12 February 2012

SOMETHING AVIAN IS STIRRING

I have moved a huge peanut feeder to the shed outside my study window and the coal tits love it.

The snow/ice is now going and it is foggy again this morning as the "warm" front comes in.

Adam Booth's birds have survived the cold after being forged in such heat at Piper's Forge in Kirkpatrick Durham in Scotland.

I was concerned that our wrens might have been taken by the cold spell but they are whizzing bout in the shrubbery.

I walked around the block yesterday (am paying for it today).
Birds are getting restless and starting to sing - even in the most dismal of weather, when a robin bursts into song, it is uplifting.

This blackbird just sat in the ash tree and watched me - obviously knew I could not fly!

Some of the snowdrops are beginning to go over and the marigolds (as mentioned before) are now looking decidedly droopy - but not yet dead

The robin on the barbed wire
- I like the contrast between the soft bird and the sharp wire - followed me along the lane.

Today it is foggy and sad. My brother-in-law died on Friday. He was climber, artist, miracle baby and raconteur - and tough.

So, time to go to the torture chamber upstairs and do my exercises and get on my static bicycle. I hope the investment will pay off later.

This seems such a bitty blog - cue for a song - "And a little bitty blog let me down" - Burl Ives for the younger reader, second line - "Spoiled my act as a clown" - well, there you are, I rest my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment