Sunday 25 March 2012

MARCH IS BURSTING OUT ALL OVER

It is all happening - mowing, mulching, pruning (gooseberries), weeding - it is all happening.
This is the view from the wood.


So what do I put on the blog?

There is so much to do.

So I have decided to put up a lot of photographs of colour, of flowers and shrubs.

And the sun is shining and shining. It is 19C and the outdoor table and bench have
been moved onto the paved area.

R has weeded the primula bed by the stream (candelabra primulas.)

And I made a spur-of-the-moment purchase on the market which you can see below. This had to be planted and mulched.

The garden feels timeless yet hurrying on towards summer - actually it is a bit timeless as the watch I bought in Argos in Haverfordwest in about 1990 has given up the ghost. (Mm! However there is a rather nice Armani watch in a shop in Kendal . . . .)


So here is the Magnolia
I bought for £25 on spec.

Ah! The 'phone rings - R wants a lift back from church - back in a mo'.


I am back to be greeted by a jay squawking at me and the thundering song of a wren. How does such a tiny bird make such a loud noise?

The protectors on the magnolia stems are to keep rabbits from stripping the bark. Apparently rabbits love magnolia bark.

And, finally, here is an image
of THE MARIGOLDS -
just to show that they have flowered all summer last year, all autumn, all winter and are now still at it this spring.

No time to waste (unfortunately) so lunch, watching the news (this is what I say after lunch which means I might just nod off for a few minutes) and then back to the fray.
Should I have lunch outside?
Al fresco?
Perhaps tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. there is a definite spring in your step now in line with the advance guard of the season. I do like the parallelism of your pathways combined with the natural look of the Spring flower planting. Throw time to the wind and use your biological clock!
    p.s. sweet magnolia

    ReplyDelete