Sunday 14 October 2018

THE AUTUMN LEAVES


Drift past my window .... well you know what I mean.

Cosmos continue to flower, the moorhen is back at the pond as is the heron, and I have racked up 56 Bramley Apples wrapped in pages from the I newspaper. 
They are now in the shed in old photographic developing trays. 
Last year we had apples until April. Damaged apples are left to the wasps.

Just when all seems westerlies and rain mum nature sends us Wednesday, 23C and the lawns are mown before the new storm, allium seedlings out and Martagon lily seeds sown. And another huge trug of Bramleys collected.
Started to shift slate clippings myself as unable to find a gardener. The I fell over - the usual backward roll, and when I stood I realised my glasses had come off. Now there was a problem as I could not see where they had gone. So help from old pair of glasses and R and we still could not find them, not in the black currants, in the horseradish nor on the lawn. Finally saw them under the mower under the seat. No idea how they flew there.

So - autumn colours -


Acer

Cherry

Toffee tree

Spirea



Azalea


Etc







Etc



Sumac

Euonymus




Even strawberry leaves and rain on the alchemilla are attractive.








Ash


 Crataegus Orientalis berries



Bramley Apples,
Birch


 And finally the colourless beauty of Honesty seeds. 



1 comment: