Wednesday 30 January 2019

SNOW AND COLD AND WAITING


Last weekend I watched the program by Anthony Gormley on art. He visited caves in France which reminded me of visiting the Lascaux caves as a boy, reminded me of the wonderful story of Altamira, the archaeologist and his small daughter Maria saying, "Look up."
But we do not have cave in our garden, just a couple of sheds, though I have walled the wood store with a few failed paintings.

I have cut back the buddleia between the roses and the septic tank. I know it is a bit early but on a fine cold sunny day I had to do something in the garden. The rhubarb is just showing itself through the compost. And the build goes on, chaos to the left of me, chaos to the right of me etc. etc.

The moorhens are, I think, a moorhen and a moorcock - two on the pond.

And so many snowdrops so here is yet another photograph.


On one morning the snowdrops were frozen, encased in ice.


And to end let me get rid of all those snowy photos clogging up the Nook Images file.
















Glad I am not a sheep.
What's that you said?

2 comments: