Wednesday 16 June 2010

MOWING

MOWING

Yes, I finally dragged out the mower and slogged away through the grass - I seemed to be cutting enough for a silage pit - of course it is all in black plastic bags now. I remember Dad at Torver having a pit dug in the field across from the farm in the 1950's. He only used it once or twice because, after that, it was used as a place to play with Dinky cars - the lime used was ideal for cutting roads!

When I got up this morning the b***** rabbit was sitting on the path near Roy Brown's cottage as cheeky as ****! (Is the cottage now worth millions as he has a picture in the RA Summer Exhibition - and has sold it!)
I can accept toads and frogs, even the errant mole or two, and cannot do much about the visiting squirrels but rabbits eat things. Now cats are also in my dislike books as they eat birds - though they could take a pigeon or two if they wanted.
Then there is the fox - see picture - cannot object as they eat RABBITS!
Mind you they tend to push holes in the netting fence and then the lambs come the other way!
On the other hand if I were a rabbit then I would like to wander into this Michelin Star rabbit restaurant. I will just have to keep the netting around the lettuce and so on and clap my hands like a gunshot every time I see them.
No I do not want a gun - though rabbit pie . . . . . Mmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment