Wednesday 14 September 2022

A NEW FUTURE

 We are being swept away by the charge of years. So much to do and so little inclination to do it!

As soon as it is time to mow the grass it rains, everything has grown so much - except the fruit and veg - weeds and my waistline proliferates and we have lost our wonderful Queen. 

I know that some would rather have a republic but President Johnson? Truss? Cameron? Blair? Trump??? - possibly Rory Stewart? Gary Lineker? Paul Chuckle? etc etc. Good luck to Charles III - a job I would not wish on anyone. Mind you I misread Charles III for Charles ill and thought, "Oh! No."

Managed to slog around the garden with the small mower at last. R doing much clipping and tidying and has done the asparagus bed - full of alchemilla seedlings which she loves!


A rose given to us by our children and it flowers and flowers as does the geranium below and the white Japanese anemone.



Hydrangeas looking good - must take more cuttings this year and the rosehips are glorious.



Perhaps I will go into the . . . but it is raining again.

Many of our potted box plants are showing distress - probably box blight - and one of the big ash trees beyond the far wall is dying. The leaves are turning on the cercidiphyllum so I hope for the smell of toffee in the autumn.

I have been asked to do a chat to the local photographic society - but on what - so they are going to get one about the garden whether they like it or not.

So, here I am, have picked a load of damsons and then we got a new freezer and on emptying the old one found - yes - bags of damsons. So I have boxed them up for a friend who has given us raspberries.
Words are interesting aren't they (well depends on your point of view) I mean who has ever heard of anyone blowing a damson but . . .

We have a gardener for King and I do hope he is given time to sit at Highgrove and escape the endless demands on his time. If he is bored he can come here and weed the rose bed.

This is one petunia plant in a pot, worth every penny and the sweet peas go on and on.


The branches on the Conference Pear are so low with the weight of fruit that I am banging my head on them.



And, to finish never give up hope - despite R not liking it the magnolia grandiflora has decided to flower one more time.


So to the events of the week - thank heavens we have a non political head of state. What other country would have seen a changeover as we have had without cries of vote rigging, violence and riot, and suppression of the minority. I might not agree with those who are anti royal but at least in this country it is not a crime to vocalise ones opinions. - there may be however a time and a place and perhaps as the Queen's coffin passes is not the right one - just bad taste.

There, said my bit - you may now vocally disagree with me - in this country.

1 comment:

  1. Somehow I missed this post or maybe I did see it & just can't remember. Oh well, glad to see one from you.

    ReplyDelete