Thursday 20 July 2023

A SHAKE OF THE HEAD


 The cardoon is assailed and ailing, beset with aphids and stunted. The wilder garden is too wild and after the rain flattened grass. 

The buddleia is out with bees and butterflies - painted ladies, red admirals, small tortoiseshells and gatekeepers not to mention various whites so I won't. 

And there are bursts of colour here and there and in one or two other places.

Though there are a few of the essential whites.


The pond is a dance hall for damselflies even though there is still little water in the stream - there are a few mole hills in there though.

And we have some fruit - a few greengages and apples but loads of plums, pears and damsons.




One colour that I am not enraptured by is pale mauve pink -

 


Acanthus (very prickly)(in fact a vicious plant) and the lace cap hydrangea at the woodland edge.

So, at least, we have bearable temperatures as long as I have my fleece.   
I cannot see why people are expressing surprise - we have been warned for years that if the politicians did not get their act together this would happen - and it has! It is probably too late to do much (except move to Iceland.)
As a bit of a fogey I am not too worried for myself but for young people this might be a nightmare? Time to make selfishness illegal?
Some chance.








No comments:

Post a Comment