Wednesday 13 December 2023

WAAAAAATER

So the snow is all but gone - because of the RAIN!














We now have floods, the stream in the garden has burst its banks and the fallen limb of the silver birch has landed in the flow causing a diversion. I suppose next we will have an ox-bow lake.


So much is flattened by the snow and the broken branches will have to just lie where they fell for now. 

The electric gate decided not to work yesterday so I leaped from the car into six inches of flowing water - wet feet. This morning, after fixing the gate, I had to retrieve one of our waste bins from under the car at the house down the road, blown there by the gale.

The pheasant is hiding under the bay and I do not blame him.

The ground is so sodden I have just to stay off it despite needing to clear up after the storm - anyway there is another coming - Fergus!

So what can I show you? More pics of destruction - some of the buddleias have been pruned early -


After that here are, in order, the magnolia grandiflora, the ash in the wood, the big damson, the silver birch I got with yogurt tops from Yeo Valley, and two of the osier.






And I have not shown you the magnolia stellata nor the grey poplar. There are smaller branches off the tall eucalyptus also and the willows in the far garden are horizontal. 

I have never known the garden to be so wet.

While all this has been going on the trail camera has been up in the wood revealing the usual suspects - rabbit, grey squirrel, wood mouse, rat. next door's cat and four hen pheasants as the snow melted.


I must go and wind the clocks. Time waits for no man.

Have a good Christmas, especially my readers in the USA.


1 comment: