Wednesday 21 December 2022

WHAT A GREY DAY

And I do not just mean the weather (when it is not raining). 

At this time of year, I am writing this on Wednesday 21st the shortest day, there is little colour in the garden so plants with grey foliage become so important.









Well, that is enough of that then. We have had frost though this has been washed away -


So we end a year with everyone in the country seemingly unhappy with their lot - yes you can blame Covid and poor management at government level - and do not forget BREXIT! Dogma and self interest is making everything a mess. Pay the NHS workers more - 1p on income tax would do it?

Enough again - throughout this misery I see a small leaf encrusted in morning frost and see that there is hope (I hope).


Or I come upon  something in the garden I forgotten - this stone I carried down from Goats Water near Coniston many years ago and I have just seen it in the undergrowth.
It was on the ground near Charmer's Grave - look it up, Wainwright mentions the dog's burial site.

And IF I get up early (ha ha) our view southeast over Morecambe Bay can be spectacular -


LOCATION x 3

And if you have a real Christmas tree are you going to shred it, burn it or plant it - beware with the latter they can get a bit tall like the ones behind my shed now sixty feet tall. So they will not fit in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment