Tuesday 24 January 2023

BIT PARKY THIS WEEK

 Which of course means stay off most of the garden. Only ended up on my backside once today and that was on ice by the bottom gate.

It does mean great sunrises - 

But in the garden there is lying frozen hail. I was woken the other morning at 1 am with it thundering on the roof.


The cold has flattened the octopus geranium and its tentacles are lying on the ground. However the four pots of Madame LeFebre tulips, here are two, are showing signs of life.

Elsewhere we have snowdrops though some are half hidden in them wood where the tree came down.


There is colour, in the undersides of the magnolia leaves and in the swelling flowering currant buds.




Yet it is when the sun comes out, not often enough, that the garden lights up.



And at last it is noticeable that the nights are lightening up, well, the late afternoons.

It says in the paper that Torvill and Dean are to skate again so our heron might need a lesson or two.


But nothing lasts and the tide has brought in fog.




Finally my phone is dead, bought by my son in Mumbai many years ago for about a fiver. Got an iPhone and spent half a day setting it up after half a day trying to get my PAC number from my provider - well I could not ring them on my phone could I.

No comments:

Post a Comment