Monday 16 January 2023

JANUARY

 January, Sick and tired, you've been hanging on me etc.

By Pilot of course but could easily have been Wet Wet Wet!

But a sliver of hope in the slightly lighter evenings and we now have a few scattered snowdrop flowers.

Back to water - everywhere - and it is going to be cold so frozen water everywhere.

Rain.



And then when all is washed away the sun comes out and the moorhen is back on the pond.




Admittedly a bit of a weak sun but when we go out the back door (the one at the side) the sarcococcus fills the air with perfume. And I have noticed it has self sown so plants for free.


There, not a lot really in the garden - you have to look for leaves and shape etc.



Good old curly kale and euphorbias to delight the old grey senses.
 
I have been neglecting the feeders somewhat - run out of niger seed for the goldfinches bit the tits still come for the sunflower seed. One trouble is that wherever I put the feeders the pheasants come calling and trample the vegetation underneath until all we have is bare soil.
So we started with Pilot - here is a cold afternoon photo of a pylon. Not quite as attractive as a tree, just different. They are a blot on the landscape and I still do not see why they could not be run underground  like the electricity cable to our house.


The hours creep on apace - was I really in HMS Pinafore?

1 comment:

  1. I really wish my sarcococca was as nice as yours. I have had it 3 years & it is as tiny as it was the day I planted it.

    ReplyDelete