Wednesday 27 March 2024

YELLOW DAYS

 

So an update on Valerie the celery. She has a root to the bottom of the vase but it will be some time before we are crunching her stems. Perhaps a salad mix with apple?

Cold and wet and rainy but so what is new? I suspect when the swallows come they will head back south.

One day sun and springlike the next wet cold and windy.

The pink camellia by the shed has a white sport - one branch only. 

You cannot see it on this pic as I have cut them off and put them in a vase.


And everything is coming up blossom, especially the cherries - the Shirotae first then in a week or so the Great White.


And yellow everywhere - the cytisus, daffs and primroses.





To the story of the chippings - I got two more big sacks delivered and the gardener has put these on paths but still not enough! Time to give it a rest - anyway I told R that they had delivered green slate not blue and was somewhat berated until she saw them and said she preferred the green.

Moving one barrow load of manure at a time - enough for my back/hip whatever. 

Then raked out more weed from the pond - no spawn this year yet. I blame that heron - he/she has eaten the lot I think.



The fatsia seems to have flowered all winter and is still at it.

And I shall finish with a modest little plant - the golden saxifrage which flourishes by the stream.



No comments:

Post a Comment