Sunday 7 April 2024

CHERRRRRRIES!

The best they have ever been.

Let me start with the Great White Cherry -

Then Shirotae, not as big or as good this year but still splendid.

So a load of more cherry pics than onto something else.












Now for something a little bit but not completely different.

Some things sp[read too much - the wild garlic for example, but we now have white comfrey doing this and I like it (for now).

The bluebell leaves are coming and we have primroses, the odd dandelion, wood anemones and self sown forget-me-nots.


Up at the woodland edge wild daffodils flourish and garden daffs on the top banking, with more primroses.

Some of the shrubs like the amelanchier and magnolia stellata still flower but storm Kathleen may blow all the petals off.


So, what else - one of the camellias is showing strong white flowered growth on one branch, the Stonefield Castle rhododendron is now flowering for the first time and euphorbias brighten up a dark corner.



And as the rain turns to sun to rain to sun to . . .well, you get the idea, I go down to the pond and there is no spawn this year. At least the golden saxifrage carpets and variegated yellow flag cheer me up. (a bit).


So as the seasons move on all too fast and the years are gone I know not where, I know where to go (I know you can tall me exactly where to go.) I shall go and put the kettle on and have a piece of R's fruit cake - the one that lifted my molar crown. Back to the dentist on Thursday 😟

No comments:

Post a Comment